1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OLYMPICS

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Moderator1, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone going to the Olympics as a credentialed freelancer? Or for a publication that allows side gigs? I need someone who can provide some specific coverage - not daily, probably 6-8 stories during the course of the Games.

If that's you, please get in touch.

Also may need some help at the swim trials, though we may be staffing that.

We thank you

2. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

I'm not going to the 2012 London Summer Olympics as a credentialed freelancer, but do you mind sending someone like me, perhaps? I know you're looking for someone who's already traveling to the Olympics in the first place...can't blame me for trying.
    I have 10 years of experience covering Olympic figures, NCAA, professional and enterprise stories, including the past 4 as a freelancer covering sports for The Associated Press, NHL.com, Newsday, The Orange County Register (features and HS football), etc.

For resume/clips, e-mail: bobi78@juno.com.

If not, perhaps something else within southern California? College sports, or NBA, NHL Playoffs or southern California products who will get drafted in the NFL Draft next weekend in New York City?
    Bruce Bourquin

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Uhh, actually, we can.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Something tells me Moderator1 wouldn't have too much difficulty convincing one of his own reporters to go if he were willing and able to pay for the flight and lodging.

Draft saved Draft deleted