1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olympics 2012, in Londontown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Arianna Errigo knocks off three-time gold medalist Valentina Vezzali in the foil semifinals.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

False starts in a long swimming races have always bothered me.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Got to interview Vezzali at the 1996 Olympics. She spoke little English and I spoke no Italian, so a translator was necessary. But she was polite.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm so late to this, but watched Opening Ceremonies from the west coast, which was the most complex exercise in Twitter-avoidance imaginable. I didn't want to know what was going to happen. Loved the show. I admit, I am a sucker for the Olympics.

But those US Polo ads uniforms....it astounds and annoys me to no end that a lot of people looked at those and said, 'yep, this is how America looks.' Embarrassing, stupid, elitist crap.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

They looked like something Max Fischer would wear to school in Rushmore.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Phelps first final starts in about ten minutes or so. It'll be interesting to see what he can do from lane 8.

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

According to @richardeitsch, that particular swimming event will only be broadcast tape-delayed on NBC, so get your smartphones/tablets/laptops ready!

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, all the big swimming and track events are like that. I don't understand the complaints, though, as everything is live and for free online. If you really want to watch it live, then do so on your computer.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It used to bother me more than it does now. There are plenty of events available. If they weren't showing any Olympic stuff all day then I would be more upset.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The live feed for swimming isn't available on NBCOlympics.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I mean, we escaped from Britain so we wouldn't have to dress like prep school assholes. What possible reason to go back dressed that way??

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Then how do you explain how I'm watching it right now on their website?

Draft saved Draft deleted