1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olympic Trials Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 30, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fountain's going heptathlon only. She took fourth in the long jump by one inch Thursday night, then she scratched out of the 100 hurdles today.

2. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

The "NFHS" matters to nobody.

Gallagher holds the national record.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Here is Pat's piece on Torres. I thought it was fair.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3474191

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Ooooh, I don't know about that. Price's NFHS record means a hell of a lot to people I know -- especially since she beat Gallagher's 30-year-old record to get it.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Bringing this back to the first page to stand corrected in my opinion of Alan Webb. He's a choker. Congrats on the American record in a meet nobody cared about. Your sport has the spotlight every four years and you tanked. Find a nice place to watch the Games, kid.

Otherwise, good on former Lost Boy of Sudan Lopez Lomong and former Texas high school bad-ass Leo Manzano. Ex-Kenyan Lagat will win one gold medal in Beijing, but not both of his events.

Damn, what a week of sports!

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I gotta agree, Alan Webb seems to be missing something. Never comes up big when he has to.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Where is all that water going to go when they take down the temporary pools at the Qwest Center? They just going to pump it into the sewer?

Draft saved Draft deleted