1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O'Leary Tells His Side

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sam Craig, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, but it's been proven time and again that Joe Q. Fanboi is a blithering idiot. He's going to read this column and end up feeling sorry for O'Leary.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Well-written, compelling, sympathetic, sure. Written by O'Leary? Um, no.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He's sure got a better class of ghostwriters these days.

4. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

You guys don't think O'Leary researched the Sentinel's ethics policy on his own? ;D

The letter is solid, and I'm sure much of the credit should go to a former promising young hack who made the jump to the dark side and is now running UCF's communications outfit.

Whatever happened that day ... However the Sentinel has covered the story ... This was a good move. Infinitely better than the bury-your-head-in-the-sand approaches of so many other athletics departments.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He's taking a page out of the Phil Fulmer media relations notebook. I'd say it was more effective than Fullmer's letter to the Knoxville Sentinel about his control of the program.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Here's a question: What would the reaction be if something like this came out on the school's official athletic site?

I'm willing to bet that very few people would have taken note.

Draft saved Draft deleted