1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O'Leary freezing out the Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Sentinel incorrectly reported that the player in question had earned a Masters from NYU and lettered in three sports at New Hampshire.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

"George, Dustin Vaitekunas wants to know: Are you still teaching pass protection the way you did at Georgia Tech?"

3. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I bow in your direction, sir.
    And if I'm running the Sentinel, I say, no coverage of UCF football except that related to the death of the player until O'Leary details the errors or decides to talk to the reporters we'll send out every day.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Outstanding.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

For a few minutes in November, it looked like he might wind up on our doorstep. Much happier to have Houston Nutt and his baggage.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm not sure St. Pete and Tampa do cover them, and if Tampa did, I can't imagine they still will. Not in the coverage area, after all.

Plus St. Pete and Tampa have USF, which actually has some evidence to back itself up when it pretends to be a major program.

It's been a pleasure interacting with you all. I expect my account will disappear shortly. :D

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Daytona was using a stringer. St. Pete and Tampa don't cover UCF (as noted, USF is in Tampa). I don't believe Florida Today does either.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well, bollocks.

For a split second, I thought, "Oh, is the coach protesting the layoffs, which will certainly lead to less coverage for his team?"

:mad: :-X :-[ :p :'(

The paper should respond "Hey, we've kind of got better things to worry about, what with our staffers losing their jobs and thus the means to feed their families. So if you want to stonewall your only coverage while stuck in what is a career purgatory compared to the fleeting moment you were ND coach, have at it.

Ass."

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mr. Publisher needs to give Mr. University President a phone call, and say:

"You Need Us More Than We Need You. Please sit Georgie Boy down and explain this, eh?"

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I dealt with O'Leary once last season. He seemed like a good dude.

Wonder what the hell is going on here?

11. Daytona did use a stringer, but they also staffed most games last season with a columnist at least. They also double staffed the conference championship game.

Florida Today, on game days, usually sent John Denton.

I'm wondering why Shannon Owens wasn't given this beat when Kyle Hightower moved up the food chain.

No diss to lliana limon, but she hasn't been there anywhere near the time Shannon's been there, and Shannon's stuff has always been good.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

With all the cutbacks, is there anyone left at the Sentinel to cover the team?

Draft saved Draft deleted