1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ole Miss bball coach lost that lovin' feelin'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I heard from a source, who says he knows Andy pretty well, that the cabbie first used the "N" word on the lone black guy in the group.
    Kennedy then retorted with some ill-advised words and perhaps a punch.
    This one's certainly a sticky wicket.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So Kennedy is unable to have sex with his wife because the cabbie dropped the N-word on somebody?

3. Boy, does that story await the Hand-On-The-Bible test.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Kennedy doesn’t have to face criminal charges stemming from the alleged assault until April, which is after the basketball season.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

In a related strand:
    The three players who got injured and are lost for the season seem to really have sent this team into the bottom tier of the conference.
    Tough, tough losses

LSU 83-51 winners today over Rebs

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The alternate-universe version of the story, with the cabbie dropping the Big N, has made the rounds. Clarion-Ledger blogged it as soon as the coaches lawyered up.

I have written, and spiked, 3 different columns on the subject, just because I don't seem to be able to get a handle on the thing. I guess I should be happy – they might sue me, too.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mrs. Kennedy's loins thank you for not running those columns.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Heaven forbid one of your columns cause so much stress for the couple that they are unable to copulate for 48 hours.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It wasn't their stress he should worry about. the rest of the readers, however.... ;)

Long fly ball... deep... well hit...

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If I were a coach and went from Chris Warren to a virtual grease fire at point guard, I'd have a hard time getting in the mood too.

11. Honesty Kills

Honesty Kills New Member

Quoted for truth. The whole 'race card' situation gets sticky especially when it isn't your race.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a great deal of discomfort in Oxford-based offices about that undercurrent of the story. A great deal.

Betcha Pete Boone thought the odds of having such a train wreck on his coaching staff had plunged to nearly zero after firing Orgeron ...

Draft saved Draft deleted