1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oldest functional T ... whatcha got?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My oldest is probably a HS senior class t-shirt from 2000 (class of 2001). Like Sam, I've tossed a great deal of the rest.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Got a Metallica Ride the Lightning shirt from 1991, wore it to my first concert (Metallica), met the band in it. Only fits me like a straitjacket now, but the wife wears it at times.

Pretty cool image on the back, of a dude getting electrocuted. Glows in the dark.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm wearing an 11-year-old Blink 182 T-shirt that's been turned into an undershirt. I've also got a Sublime shirt with the 40 oz. to freedom artwork on it from about the same time as the other shirt.

In fact, there are probably 10-12 shirts hanging in my closet that I bought during my freshman and sophomore years of high school. Once they get too small -- or I get too big -- they move from the hangers to the undershirt drawer. And some go to the ex-girlfriend to wear.

It's all about a proper rotation.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've got the original G'nR logo on a plain black tee.

And it's too small.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have a Yankees World Series championship t-shirt from the winter of 1996. It's a bit ratty, though, and I use it for an undershirt.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jimmy Buffett concert shirt from 1985. I rarely, if ever, wear it. Still fits, but it's been washed so many times I fear the next one will result in disintegration.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've also got a Billy Goat Tavern shirt that has to be 15 years old, and looks it.

But I'll break it out every now and then.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Golden Boy. He's the Iron Man.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Got the T-shirt from the formal where I met my college girlfriend freshman year, 1987. It's threadbare and doesn't fit, but keeps surviving the cut when I throw stuff out. I don't even know why.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have a Michigan Hockey T-shirt from 1996, but in fairness it sat untouched till this year.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Half the things I own are like that.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I still have a Randall Cunningham Eagles jersey from 1991. Sure, it may look like the old school college football jerseys, now, but hey, it looks good.

Draft saved Draft deleted