1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old-fashioned beat donnybrook in Philly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Enough.
    Jeff, with his ego, and Les, with his crap, should both take a dose of STFU and go in their neutral corner.
    The crack by Jeff was not called for but Les doesn't get a free pass either.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Les made a crack. Jeff responded with a screed.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Of all the points drip has made on these boards, the one above is by far the best one.

Behave, you know? Or as others have noted, yell at each other and smack each other around in a bar.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Which is all that is wrong with Tweeting, IMO. Many tweets are knee jerk reactions and they never end well.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Twitter is such a cowardly medium. We're so quick to jump all over athletes for chickenshit tweets, so heck yes reporters doing the same deserve whatever they get. If it's a punch upside the head, well, maybe next time they'll use their brains first. #hatetwitter

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Vick started. Take that, Les.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Take what? Did Les ever actually say Vick wouldn't start?

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Tough for me to see this. Les was very friendly to this out-of-town reporter, who dropped in on the Flyers several times. (Bowen covered hockey then.)

Really thought McLane went way over the line. I can understand why he might have done a slow burn over what Bowen wrote, but that response direct and personal. I've always felt that if you need to do that, you don't feel good enough about yourself.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Sorry, left my blue font at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted