1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann takes down Rita Cosby

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Don't be too sure. F_H is the guy that runs the all SportsJournalists.com ballots, after all.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Rob Neyer raves about his OPS.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I understand your sarcasm here, but you do realize ... even as Keith Olbermann trumpets the stupidity of O'Reilly, Coulter, et al (and rightfully so), you still have a many people who subscribe to the pair's ideals.

We need MORE people to take down the ideologues in this country and expose them for the nation destroyers they are. We need commentators to turn us to the middle and actually get some governing done -- as opposed to yelling about WWII fact errors and 9/11 widows. Coulter and O'Reilly love this. It makes them the news and works as a perfect sleight of hand while our criminal President toils in office.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, I thought you were leaving, pallister.

You forgot this, by the way.

[​IMG]

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Actually, you're wrong, we enjoy it much more when the little whiny conservatives assume we're saying something that we're not saying, waste time posting an argument in response to that assumption and then stomp away like a child, declaring themselves, of course, above us all.

And we enjoy it even more when the whiny conservative can only manage to uphold his self-imposed removal for less than a half-hour.

At this rate, you're looking good for an officer position in that babble/trounced/AQB Club. Congrats.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Didn't say I was leaving.

And I'd be interested to see how you would approach an argument with me if you weren't hiding behind those fake names.

And, Ace, that flag, really original. Now tell me one thing I've said that would make me a communist. I'm not in the group trying to get those who don't agree with me to go away.

As usual, the negative characteristics you assign to those you don't agree with are the same characteristics displayed on these political threads over and over again. There's not a more hateful, close-minded, brainwashed group around than when these political threads get going.

And finally, for this post, the idea that Olbermann isn't as much an ideologue as O'Reilly and Coulter is laughable. Another example of just how little perspective there is on this board.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I took -- "Have a nice day. I'm sure we'll meet again." -- as a goodbye of sorts.

Sorry. Just having a little fun, since you're lumping all liberals together as people who lump others together and all that.

Hey, give us hell, we have enough illegal drugs in our system to take it.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll do what I can.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Damn. I've been challenged to yet another fight. That's two this week. You Republicans, always with the violence. What's the matter? Run out of words?

Oh, and to answer your question, I think you'd be surprised.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

My point is that I don't think you'd be so forward if you used your own name. And I know you wouldn't be if we were in the same room. Just human nature. I didn't challenge you to a fight, but not a bad attempt at playing the violent Republican card. Who knows, maybe I'll get to one of these outings down the road and we'll have some fun.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Rita Cosby can hit more low notes on the chromatic scale than Porky Pig when he competed with Bugs in the opera that one time.

12. "Stop hiding behind screen names," demands "pallister."

Draft saved Draft deleted