1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann takes down Rita Cosby

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Why did Murrow point out McCarthy's mistakes? Not saying Keith's in the same league as Murrow, but somebody has to call bullshit on these people.

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Olbermann doesn't often take stands on issues, but he has raised hard questions about things like the timing of "terrorism alerts" right around times where Bush's numbers were down that no other mainstream guy has. His O'Reilley Malmedy piece was brilliant - no one else in national media will hold these blowhards accountable for some of the crap they say or he wouldn't stand out so much when he does it. What threads are started here about what anyone just "had to say on an issue", anyway?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

WTF?

You just jumpled the shark with that comparison, FH (even with the "Not saying" part).

What a joke.

The fact remains Olbermann doesn't have anything significant to say, and so he compensates with personal attacks. An MO all too familiar in political discourse these days.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Damn and I thought I still had a few thousand good posts in me.

Nevertheless, I'll stand by my comparison. Olbermann has done his best to make sure the truth remains that -- the truth. And as Ruffino said, he was often the first or one of a very few media members who have questioned the timing of some of the terror alerts.

We need more BS detectors rather than telepromter readers.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

8,550 ain't bad, FH.

It was a good career. Nothing to be ashamed of. :)

6. "The fact remains Olbermann doesn't have anything significant to say, and so he compensates with personal attacks. An MO all too familiar in political discourse these days."

So the O'Reilly thing was a "personal attack."?
    What "personal attacks" are you allegedly referring to?
    And, no, there's no equivalence between KO and the She-Beast - THAT'S a personal attack - so move along, please.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Doesn't the quote function work in your Ivory Tower, F_B?

8. Good answer.
    Guh-guh-guuuuuuuh!

9. Pointing out that people are wrong or have said terrible things are "personal attacks"? Huh?

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'd also like to do away with the idea that Olbermann never gives his view on an issue.

That's shit. He gives his opinion all the time. In fact, in most of the clips that have made their way onto the board, he's offered his opinion on the issue at hand. He's just done so while ripping the shit out of a couple complete and utter morons, so his take gets buried.

I don't know how long the guy's been doing his show, but I'd guess that maybe 1-2% of it is him ripping somebody. Problem is, those are the segments everybody loves, so they're the ones that get uploaded and passed around.

And pallister, give it a rest. You're very quickly earning membership into the babble/trounced/AQB Club with the idiotic defending of anyone who has ever muttered a conservative viewpoint.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

As opposed to the overwhelmingly idiotic defending on this board of anyone who utters a liberal viewpoint.

For the last decade I've been listening to much better people than you try to argue that liberals aren't biased, but all conservatives are. That's the dumbest political argument out there. Everyone's biased toward what they believe. Only the ignorant ones will deny that.

Now I'm sure you and F-B and the rest of the SportsJournalists.com dictators would like nothing more than for me to get outraged and start hurling insults around. But not stooping to your level makes you guys angry -- and that makes me happy.

Have a nice day. I'm sure we'll meet again.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not sure it will get him into the Hall of Fame, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted