1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann smooching up to ESPN honcho, hoping to return?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 4, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He'd be a good fit for the new Esquire channel that G4 is being turned into. Have him host a nightly panel/game show where various celebrities/talking heads/athletes spout off on various topics - a pop culture, politics, sports Around the Horn.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It appears to have worked.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/keith-olbermann-on-verge-of-joining-espn2-1200563676/

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fox Sports 1 is giving Regis Philbin a show?

Nothing against Regis -- he seems like a nice enough guy -- but he's pretty old for a network that will surely looking for a younger demo, and is appeal is mostly with women, isn't it?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've been an Olbermann fan forever. I think (if the rumors are true) that his show would do pretty well on ESPN2. It's not like their ratings can get any worse than the SportsNation idiocy that is shown ad nauseum right now.

Kellerman needs to stick to boxing and that's it. Marcellus Wiley needs to stick to anything other than appearing on TV.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

OT, but Killer is a guy who has completely fallen off the grid since he handed off the Late Late Show to Ferguson. Has he done anything except that short-lived "Kilborn File" since about '04?

6. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Anyone else here watch the premiere of Obermann last night on espn2?

It was sort of the sports version of his old Countdown show. SJ's favorite punching bag Jason Whitlock and Mav's owner Mark Cuban were the guests. His old 'Worst Person In The World' segment is back, this time it's the worst person in sports (Jim Crane owner of the Houston Astros). I liked it and will watch again.

Variety review of the 1st show: http://variety.com/2013/tv/reviews/olbermann-review-espn2-1200587607/

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Enjoyed watching his chat with Tony K last night; it was like I was sitting at a bar, overhearing two experts shoot the shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted