1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann smooching up to ESPN honcho, hoping to return?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, I'm not sure anyone younger than 30-35 thinks of him as a sports anchor. To them, it would be like putting Bill O'Reilly on SportsCenter.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

False EQUIVALENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Olbermann tells the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/Loudmouths]

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure America is ready to experience KO's version of the "feel-good edition" ...

4. Nailed it.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Comedy Central has tried to do a few sports shows, but i don't think any of them lasted more than a season. Granted, none of them had Olbermann, but I bet it's not a concept Comedy Central is looking to sink money into at this point.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Rupert Murdoch and Fox announced today that they are launching a national sports network, Fox Sports 1 (in fact, going to launch a thread about it after this) that is going to try to compete with ESPN. It will carry Nascar, MLB, college basketball and football, soccer and UFC fights, as well as studio shows. They plan on going online in August. You wouldn't think Fox would be a natural landing spot for Olbermann, but honestly, his employment prospects have to be feeling dim right now. Maybe?

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Unlikely, I would think. Their last dance didn't end well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/aug/01/rupert-murdoch-keith-olbermann

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I would love to watch Keith Olbermann and Brian Kenny do a program together on MLB Network about once a week on baseball stats and what they mean comparing eras with other eras.

These two have done a couple of programs together on MLB Network and they have been entertaining and informative. This program would NOT work as a daily feature, but once a week or once every two weeks would make for interesting TV.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Norm MacDonald's was pretty funny. Now he's doing golf tweets and writing for Grantland.

(Blake Griffin's comedy debut. Sweet Gordie Howe!)

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/49485/norm-macdonalds-keeping-resolutions-vol-3-all-in

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

KO has found a new gig, which I guaran-damn-tee will not last long.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/keith-olbermann-to-host-tbs%E2%80%99-major-league-baseball-postseason-show/

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

His panelists will include Cal Ripken, Dennis Eckersley, and Robert Reich.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Too bad Curt Schilling isn't there. That could be a great flame war.

Draft saved Draft deleted