1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is there any chance O'Donnell's three days had more actual newsworthy stories happening?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jay Leno wants the time slot.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Absolutely. Comcast is going hard right. Maybe a little less batshit crazy than Fox.

Ratigan better polish his resume too.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The shelf life of MSNBC's liberal slant s roughly that of the band-aid on Al Davis' forehead.

I could see Maddow and KO both ending up on CNN, as they were the only 2 talents getting any sort of ratings for MS. But, then again, probably not.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Because you think it's good for business or because you think Comcast will do it for other (political) reasons?

What are Roberts' personal politics, does anyone know?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I thought Kabletown bought NBC?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All over the map. He seems to favor incumbents.

http://www.newsmeat.com/ceo_political_donations/Brian_Roberts.php
    http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/brian-roberts.asp?cycle=08

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I suppose that's pretty standard for a big business -- especially a highly regulated one.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's hear some more about that liberal bias running the media. Snort.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If you can't beat 'em, just buy 'em out. It's the American Way.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Which is fine and dandy, but I can't wait to hear about the liberal bias in the media. It's one thing to hear about it at the barber shop, quite another on this board.

The media has and will always be run by old white men who have a giant stake in keeping the establishment the establishment. This is just the latest proof. Not that we should have needed any.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Intentionally waited three pages -- and read everything -- before saying a word.

I'm blaming Comcast, specificially, and will be shocked if I'm wrong, in this instance. They clearly
    want to back off on the most pointed commentary, gutless homogonizing greedheads that they are.

Maddow is essentially KO lite, right down to her verbal cadences, and agree I wouldn't be surprised if
    she's gone by the time the major-league baseball championship seasons begin.

I'd think Matthews is safe. Would be a good thing, if they give a shit about the asset, because without Matthews, there'd be no reason to watch MSNBC any longer.

Draft saved Draft deleted