1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

yeah - still 2 million viewers behind Fox. A test pattern or yule log might have attracted more viewers.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You really think so?

They were both sort of Olbermann's pets, but I don't think either of them caused as much trouble for the suits as Olbermann did.

And, I don't think they'll want to try to fill three hours of prime time with new hosts/shows.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

MLB Network should call his agent, it would be a labor of love.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

It does seem strange. Did his bosses recently change?
    Maybe N in NBC really stands for Newspaper.

5. Hah hah

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

His bosses' bosses recently changed.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/f-c-c-approves-comcast-nbc-deal/

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That was exactly my thought. Easily the best fit for him out there.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see one of those "Hitler finds out that Olbermann has been fired" videos.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Paranoid left-wing conspiracy theories aside, I had liberal friends who despise Sarah Palin who said his conduct in the past week was reprehensible: chiding and taunting Palin in the days after the Tucson shooting for staying silent, then blasting her (along with the rest of the lefty nutjobs) when she finally did make a statement rightly defending herself.

Good freaking riddance. I have 10 times more respect for Rachel Maddow than Assclown Keith.

10. From back in April 2010

[​IMG]

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/197451/keith-olbermann-worst-i-countdown-i-host-world/daniel-foster

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Been following the KO Kid since his days on Channel 5 in L.A. when he even got a chuckle out of the great Hal Fishmann with his nightly score of the night. "Stony Brook 103, Amherst 36."

Predictable ending. As mentioned earlier, he's damn talented, but it seems the quality of working/playing well with others is lacking.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

MSNBC would not have made this move without running it by Comcast so it's clear they did not want him.
    As Obama moves to the center so does MSNBC.

Maybe he can latch on with The Sporting News.

Draft saved Draft deleted