1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Jan 21, 2011.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I did not see a current thread with this item, but did not think a new thread was right either.

Olbermann returning for baseball post-season. http://entertainment.time.com/2013/06/05/batter-up-keith-olbermann-returning-to-tv-but-not-that-kind-of-tv/

Think it'll help/hurt TBS? I will not be watching him, although I am glad he is going back to sports.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I may have said this in another thread but I think Olbermann should set up a sports-talk show from his house. He could find a compatible co-host. He has a lot more talent than 95% of the national guys out there and I think he finds a niche.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He could?

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Why does he need a co-host?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

TBS's baseball studio shows need all the help they can get, especially since "Inside the NBA" is the gold standard ... but like all things Olberman, I don't see it ending well.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched a bit of the new (solo) Beadle show. It reminded me a bit too much of Chelsea Lately.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

If it keeps Bob Costas away, I'm all for it.

Joe Buck and McCarver can go away also.

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Pardon the snark here, but the only compatable co-host I could think of is Dr. Drew (They both get on my nerves so I could avoid both of them in one shot).

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

He and Dan Patrick were pretty compatible.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Olbermann back in -- At ESPN. http://tv.yahoo.com/news/keith-olbermann-lands-back-espn-cant-talk-politics-131502687.html

He won't be talking politics though.

Didn't we all secretly think this was how this whole situation would end anyway?

Now if only Dan Patrick could screw up somehow, they would be reunited.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A list of possible on-air partners submitted by Mr. Olbermann to ESPN for their consideration:

Harold Bloom
    Doris Lessing
    Mario Vargas Llosa
    Thomas J Sargent
    Paul Krugman
    Liu Xiaobo
    Jesus
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Alain Badiou

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Talent means nothing if you manage your emotions and reationships like a 5-year-old.
    Olbermann is not Cronkite or Murrow - and never will be.

Draft saved Draft deleted