1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann on the Nats wearing Navy caps

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Sep 18, 2013.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.natsenquirer.com/2013/09/keith-olbermann-rips-the-nationals-mlb-over-navy-hats.html

I think Olbermann is nine kinds of an idiot, but damn it, I have to agree with him here.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, because THAT'S the important thing here. Hats.

But I would have liked to see a player -- or multiple players -- wear the Navy hats during the game. Who's going to tell them to take it off?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If that's what passes for outrage, Keith is finding out there isn't enough outrage in sports to fill an hour. That's a very big ho-hum.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. And he apparently spent 10 minutes on the topic.

5. VJ

VJ Member

Felt extremely forced.

6. Dan Feldman

Dan Feldman Member

I have no idea how much discussion went on beforehand, but the admiral who handed out the hats specifically said they were for batting practice as he gave them to players. The Nationals did not take batting practice outside yesterday, but they also wore them during other warmups and the national anthem.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ...... is he still talking?

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If the Nats said they didn't ask MLB to wear the hats in the games, you have to take them at their word and leave it at that. I like Olbermann but he's going to lose me with 10-minute essays on 2-minute issues every night.

Draft saved Draft deleted