1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann on Cheney's "new fascism"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Right. Except for that VA nurse they investigated and nearly charged with sedition after she wrote a letter to the editor that was critical of the war.

Other than that, they haven't tried to throw anyone in jail. They should feel really proud.

2. Ah, yes, the pivotal year of 1992, when the Republicans threw a hissy fit that lasted the next eight. Bob Dole saying that he was the leader of the country that didn't vite for the guy who won the election, multimillion dollar dirty tricks operations bankrolled by shadowy billionnaires, phony Whiteater scandal, and economic recovery package that didn;t get a single Republican vote, Bill Kristol saying not to pass any health-care package because it would be bad politically, etc. etc. etc.
    Of course, they didn't think of ginning up fake terror alerts using bag people under the sway of the FBI to "bring us together."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14631244/

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't Bill K finally just go down on Dan Quayle, long-term, and leave real Americans alone? . . .

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It strikes me funny that the first people to call bullshit when somebody on the left mentions Hitler or Nazism are going rah-rah over Cheney and Rumsfeld's use of the same tactic.
    If I'm a Nazi appeaser, Dick-head and Rummy are bin Laden appeasers. They've stopped pursuing him, right?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

These kids came in 15 years behind the heydey of the YAFs, and think they invented the game . . .
    pretty funny.

6. newsguyone

newsguyone Member

Idiots?
    Well howdi partner.

Maybe you ought to take a couple tolerance lessons yourself.

7. newsguyone

newsguyone Member

He's a critic of the Bush Administration, fo sho.
    But let's see how he acts in 08 if the Dems win the presidency and IF MSNBC still exists.

I'm from Canada. There's almost nothing on television here that's remotely left wing, outside of Comedy Central.
    Even there, Jon Stewart strikes me as a Clinton Democrat.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I guess you missed the memo about that pinko liberal newsnetwork called the CBC.

And "Corner Gas" is pretty subverside. Not to mention Rick Mercer.

9. There's a few others here who need those lessons more than I do. Fight fire with fire, I always say.

10. Just don't get drunk and shoot anyone in the face.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fenian --

That's like leading trump.

Well, yes, people on my half of a fictional political divider have done, and continue to do, things that are downright scandalous.

On the other hand, Dick Cheney shot a guy in the fucking face.

12. newsguyone

newsguyone Member

Oh yeah, the press really lined up to criticize the unsubstantiated claims that led us into the Iraq clusterfuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted