1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann can retire his "Worst Person in the World" award with this idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 13, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I am far too big of a fan to have ever been offended by anything Carlin said or wrote, no matter how far over the top he went or how bitter he got.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only two autographs (not counting book signings) that I've gotten since I turned 18 were George Carlin and John Wooden.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not much of an autograph person, but I can't fault you for those. I've never asked for one. The only ones I own were gifts (Mario Lemieux and Tom Barrasso -- long story.) But for either of them, I would've wanted one, too.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If you're curious what she looks and sounds like, just saw this clip of Petkov being interviewed and coming across every bit as evil-hearted and remorseless as she sounds in the stories:

But apparently, she's now apologizing and claiming she didn't really mean to hurt anyone (
    ). Think anyone's buying it?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me.

SUCKERS!!!"

6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The lovely Ms. Petkov has been charged with trying to run over a neighbor who was crossing the street to visit the little girl's grandma.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2010/10/15/news/doc4cb8ac5a364c0858439898.txt

If Ms. Petkov doesn't end up in the slammer, she should end up in a psych ward.

7. Can someone from metro Detroit please explain something for me? If Trenton is so "downriver white trash," how can they have a consistent power house high school hockey program?

8. WolvEagle

Only that neighborhood is white trash - and those kids also don't attend Trenton schools. They attend school in a neighboring city.

The city as a whole is a good place to raise a family.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Taylor, on the other hand.....

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Taylortucky!

She really needs help. Doesn't excuse anything she's done, but this woman is mentally troubled. Don't think jail would do her a lick of good (other than the overdue asskickings).

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Trenton also produced actor/comedian Andrew Duncan, who played Charlestown Chiefs announcer Jim Carr in "Slap Shot." There's a hockey connection that's tough to top. :)

12. WolvEagle

Slappy - I absolutely, positively will not argue with you on this one ....

Draft saved Draft deleted