1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann can retire his "Worst Person in the World" award with this idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

“It all started about three years ago when she threw a birthday party for her youngest daughter, who is also handicapped. Jennifer Petkov texted that she wanted her kids to come to the party, but no one responded to the text until it was too late. According to Rose, Petkov became incensed and then stood on her front porch saying she did not want her kids to play with these “F-in retards” anyway. Rose says things simply escalated from there.”

Seriously. Two things bother me about this.

Not everyone is wired to respond to a text the second they get it. Hell, some don't instantaneously received them (i.e. phone's off, phone's in another room, or, Heaven for bid, they can't be bothered to be tethered to a Crackberry).

And two, if my daughter isn't invited to some neighboor's birthday party I tell her, "Who gives a shit? Let's go to the park."

Grow the fuck up.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any question that it is a stupid reason to hold a grudge. But even if you are going to be that way, to hold the child responsible and taunt her about her own death is absolutely horrific behavior.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Would any jury in the country convict the girl's family if they did any sort of violence to the Petrovs? Any?

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Hell, she was under no obligation to respond to the text at all, much less the second she got it. Perhaps she didn't invite psycho mom's kids out of fear that the lunatic devil woman would ruin the kid's birthday.

If I'm reading this right, this poor family has the mother die from a horrific disease, then has a child stricken with the same fatal disease, another handicapped child, and then they have to face war against inhumanly vile neighbors for the sin of a missing birthday party invitation. God bless em for what they've endured.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Fred Phelps just got wood and he doesn't know why.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I wish upon this woman something on the order of Leprosy combined with ALS and a little AIDS tossed in for good measure.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

To steal a line from George Carlin, "I hope she dies in a car fire."

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

That's entirely true, too. I think I was just thinking of what seemingly everyone does this day and age: text, text, text.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

This happened in our paper's coverage area.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2010/10/13/news/doc4cb4bf4000e90848187138.txt#story_comments

We've really had to watch the comments on this one. Someone put in the Petkovs' home address, even though they don't have a listed phone number (I checked).

These people are a real piece of work (or a piece of *&$%).

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That is a classic.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

All of that over a lost invite? Whatever in the hell happened to "it happens" and not internalizing it?

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

How about turning the damn comments off? What can they possibly add to that story?

Draft saved Draft deleted