1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann breaks story? Why no play?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, May 28, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why no play? Too much gray [/clydefrazier]

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not many people in the real world take any of these cable TV politicos very seriously. It's mostly just preaching to the choir.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

A question then:

As a journalist, are you bothered that he occasionally blogs and posts on Daily Kos, a left-wing web site?

http://Keith-Olbermann.dailykos.com/

Do you have a problem that he joined a thread encouraging Kos readers to campaign to MSNBC to give a show to left-leaning Air America's Rachel Maddow? From a recent thread on the site:

...don't overdo this.

Nearly all "pressure" campaigns on tv blow back (and that word "pressure" was used in this diary, prominently).

Remember that as your emails come in, they are vying for space with these knee-jerks from the right after the White House letter from Mr. Ed.

Remember also, if you were making an important decision and you got 500 identical emails, even if they all said "We know you'll do the right thing," you'd tend to consider them not as 500 emails but as just one.

If you want to write, you might have influence. But write your own. And don't assume your point of view is not being viewed sympathetically by the recipient(s).

I hope that last sentence was as inscrutable as I intended it to be.

In the interim, be of good cheer, as they say.

"If you're going through hell - keep going!" -- Winston Churchill

by Keith Olbermann on Wed May 21, 2008 at 09:42:40 PM PDT
    [ Parent ]

Maybe he isn't a liberal, I've never had a political conversation with him so I don't know his leanings. But he sure does cater his show toward that point of view.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sweet Jesus, the guy's a liberal.

That's not a state secret.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

JB, thanks for providing an answer to my question. Yes, Olbermann blogging at Kos bothers me, just as much as Washington reporters eating BBQ with John McCain or Tim Russert and Chris Matthews singing Happy Birthday to McCain does. And ideology has nothing to do with it.

I have no doubt that Olbermann leans left. I just asked for on-air examples.

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Sad thing is, when "Countdown" first started, I enjoyed watching it.

Now, his show is like all of the other shows on all of the cable newsers. I can't watch any of them anymore.

7. Truth. They all suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted