1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann breaks story? Why no play?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, May 28, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure what Olbermann's agenda is, if he has one. What you linked to puts theirs on the table.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree. He's marginalized himself by going on these six-minute rants every night. He's devalued his outrage.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The beauty (and depressing aspect) of liberalism is its predictability....

File this one under "the sources are biased....."

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

As predictable as your replies to nearly every thread. Liberal mafia, politicians are all crooks, enviromental wackos, blah, blah, blah.

5. The Big Ragu

Um, the source has an agenda. Exactly what I said. They state their agenda.

And weren't you the self-proclaimed libertarian? If you find liberalism so depressing, you depress yourself.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The rants couldn't be any less graceful. The message is being smothered.

I'll yell about it too, but I save it for the shower.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I often lose track of what he's spitting but I enjoy watching the various facial contortions.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Oh, Olbermann doesn't whip out the Special Comment every night (as he claims his bosses have asked him to). He's smart enough to know that if he did it every night, it would lose his impact.
    Although he should retire Bill O'Reilly from the Worst Person in the World sweepstakes. Just rename it the Billo Award.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I enjoy the dramatic camera turns, the spitting of "Sir" or "Mister Bush" 20 or 30 times, the shaking of fake anger. It's always good TV.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Sorry to interrupt your guys' little right-wing Fun Bunch Leap, but my question still hasn't been answered.

I read the links. Not one contains an example of Olbermann advocating a major liberal policy issue. And as far as I know, there are no video or transcripts of him schilling Democratic candidates the way the average TV talking head swoons over John McCain like a 14-year-old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert.

Olbermann thinks Michelle Malkin is batshit crazy? Ooooooh, what a flaming liberal that makes him!

So again, I ask: What are examples of Keith Olbermann's alleged uber-liberalism, other than the Bush administration contempt that he shares with three-fourths of the nation?

11. The Big Ragu

So you are saying you don't know why some people make blanket assessments of Olbermann?

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I don't think KO has advocated a particular left-wing policy issue, but when he critiques Bush and Company on the war, the tone is most certainly left-leaning. I don't think he's as far left as O'Reilly is to the right, but they are similar.

Draft saved Draft deleted