1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann better suited for ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, Oct 26, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I enjoy KO and I'm of his political bent, but I can't watch his show b/c he and his crew phone it in: Run the clip of something stupid some Teabagger said. Comment. Run the clip of something stupid Beck said. Comment. Have a guest come in and laugh at previous stupidity. Repeat.

2. cortez

cortez Member

I don't know. Some chick was on there last night playing a mean violin. Don't see that very often on shows of that ilk

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It seems like Olberman has finally come to realization that George Bush is no longer President.

Found it interesting that Dick Ebersol decided to send KO to the showers on Sunday Night Pre game. Guess he got tired of Olbers anti Tom Coughlin rants.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I turned Olbie off a few years ago when he started becoming exactly what he railed against — a bile-spewing, venom-spitting hatemonger.
    Watch the veins on his neck pop out when he gets worked up. Looks like that big Frankenstein dome of his is about to 'splode.
    Besides, being a smug, condescending bastard doesn't play with a smug, condescending bastard like myself.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you're drinking Olberman's kool-aid, sure you're going to feel that way. To my experience, just as many liberals/Democrats have been turned off by this guy than the other side of aisle. He's simply a world-class prick no matter what your political bent is.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I think O'Reilly is very good. His arrogance is a little bit uncomfortable to watch, but he's definitely good television.

Olbermann's fine, he's a very good writer and I think he gets too cute with that sometimes. And yes, he's a little crazy. I don't watch him much.

Glenn Beck is a fear mongering fucking dolt and it makes me cry to know that people believe the diarrhea coming out of his mouth.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Patrick and Olbermann were fantastic on SC when it used to be must see TV.

I cannot see anything he does now as better.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I listen to Glenn Beck for 15 minutes on the morning drive to work every weekday, and Hannity for 15 minutes on the drive home.

Their politics aren't mine, and their views on the "mainstream media" (as with Rush) infuriate me, but that bus is long gone, and no matter what anybody says to counter it, everybody who listens to them is going to believe that the media ignores big stories all the time (when they simply probably covered them once and moved on, hence "news"). (Conservative front page, every day: Our brave heroes in the war; Obama's ties to radicalism; liberal politicos' dirty tricks; conservatives' sensible platform to save America; etc. Rinse and repeat.)

That said, I even find Beck mildly entertaining. I don't have to agree with somebody's politics for that to be the case, and he can be pretty funny. Hannity has pretty good guests and is pretty entertaining, too.

The problem is many follow these guys blindly and with no common sense, and some of those people are simply dangerous.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Maddow really has done incredible work over the last two months. Probably gets lost in the shuffle. The Lawrence O'Donnell show is horrible.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You know what's crazy? They put those two together on NBC, and it wasn't good.

Shows the value of good producing.

11. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

You folks are spelling the guy's name incorrectly: It's Keith Assholebermann.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Or, frankly, an asylum.

Draft saved Draft deleted