1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olberman vs. Simmons: who would root for a winner?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Mar 8, 2010.

1. mb

mb Active Member

First commenter from the fark thread nailed it:

2. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Don't know about Simmons, but let me weigh in on Olbermann-----any of you out there who hate and diss on Beck, an opposite and equal reaction is warranted Olbermann. I can't possibly believe that he believes everything he says. Just loves to yank people's chains, and he gets paid very well for it.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Or even if you're reading by yourself.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I heard Simmons on Carolla's podcast awhile back and he seems a lot more likable than he does in print.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Olbermann, but this comparison is...too kind to Glenn Beck. Olbermann is an egotist, no question, but he doesn't read diary entries to his guests on the air, and he doesn't choke up when introducing them...

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Also, Olbermann doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just wonder if they did fought, if Olbermann would sweep the leg.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He doesn't?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. He talks over their heads.

10. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Great. Two smug "I'm smarter than you" bastard assholes going at it.
    Simmons may have been off target with "pious," but calling Olberbag "holier than thou" would have been dead on.
    I can't believe I've already wasted more time on this shit than I did watching the Oscars — of which I watched none.
    Can they both just die and go the fuck away?

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

ESPN EDITOR JOHN WALSH CHIMES IN ON OLBERMANN-SIMMONS SPAT

By John Ourand, Sports Business Daily Staff Writer

ESPN Executive Editor John Walsh waded into the Keith Olbermann-Bill Simmons feud, taking a shot at Olbermann. Walsh told THE DAILY, "We at ESPN are happy that Keith retains an interest in the hiring procedures at our company. We have fond memories of his collegiality and counsel for executive decision-making. But alas, we have moved on from the KO Era. His colleagues at MSNBC no doubt appreciate Keith’s management talent."

Olbermann anchored “SportsCenter” from '92-97 before leaving with hard feelings on both sides. In a blog post earlier this week, Olbermann took a shot at ESPN's popular columnist, saying he received e-mails from "some of Mr. Simmons' bosses," complaining that the columnist has become more "uncontrollable" and "unmanageable" than Olbermann was during his ESPN tenure.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dude should have kept his mouth shut.

Draft saved Draft deleted