1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olberman Breaks Possible Yankee Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 5, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I guess you didn't read the rest of the story. It said the radar gun on the scoreboard wasn't working.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't understand what the fuss is. Most teams have had someone monitoring pitch speed since Fernando and Mike Brito. Communicating it is a problem? Communicating it with hand signals is a problem? Or maybe its like the sideline phones in football, if both teams don't have access to the info - nobody does. But then again, it is baseball with rules written and unwritten that seem designed to make fans laugh. Though golf has a few dumb ones too.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

You are correct. I wasn't interested enough in the Yankees and certainly not Olberman to read very far.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You said it, buster. They can get away with sweeping corpse after corpse under the rug. The guy's nothing special, and has been handed the Golden Ticket. Do your job, and quit the self-aggrandizing bullshit.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"4 Beers please"

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"Certainly sir. That'll be 76 dollars."

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hell the guy is in an $800 seat. He can afford it.

Think the real story that went unnoticed, Hideki Irabu is sitting about 4 rows behind the guy.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's not as if the employee is taking away a seat from a paying fan.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Not to mention Joe Pesci right behind him, looking like he's going to put a pen in his neck.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wait, a baseball team might be stealing signs?

[​IMG]

I'm shocked!

Why the fuck is this even a story? If they are stealing signs or signaling pitches, handle it like it's been handled since Abner Doubleday layed out that diamond. Earhole somebody and move on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I am shocked that Olbermann isn't back with Dan Patrick yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted