1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma- what region?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Mar 23, 2008.

?

In which region of the U.S. is Oklahoma?

1. Midwest

29.3%
  2. South

9.8%
  3. Southwest

41.5%
  4. All of the above- it's a mix

19.5%
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in a word, no.

you fucking assholes are responsible for gwb. fuck you and the horses you rode in on.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It should just secede already.
    Let me move first, though.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

At the risk of threadjack, isn't it also about time AP got rid of "TGlavine" in box scores and just went with "Glavine?" Mike Glavine hasn't played in the bigs since 2003.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

AP: It's easy, mmmmkay.

BTW, the 3.2 beer they sell in Oklahoma is a crime against all that is decent.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

or so people in texas like to think. once outside of texas, you realize nobody else gives a fuck what happens in texas.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is 3.2 higher or lower than Utah's near beer?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If every state is equated with its worst product, things could get ugly for everyone.

I'm just sayin', Texas is bigger than France. It has a unique history. No surprise that it has its own culture and identity.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes.

Another pet peeve. Why the fuck does the AP go through the stupidity of moving takes zero through four on college basketball agate this time of year, when they know everything is a tournament game, and thus, will be in the fifth take.

It's an easy go-around, admittedly, but it's still fucking stupid and a waste of space in the agate queue at work.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You can get beer in Utah ... you just have to truck it in from Nevada or Wyoming. (I have no idea if this is true, but I figure someone out there must know).

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

arnold, i thought we were fucking around. i wasn't taking a personal shot at you.

but i am sick and tired of texans thinking texas should be its own region. it's really not that big of a deal to the rest of the country.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can agree with that, but sometimes Texans can get a bit tedious. Though, my view on that changed when I moved here. Texans are much more obnoxious outside of Texas, in my opinion.

Edit: And that shouldn't be taken as a personal shot to anyone on this thread. More at the Texans I knew growing up.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've long since stopped trying to figure out why the AP does what it does.

Draft saved Draft deleted