1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma State coach Gundy blasts Oklahoman columnist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Precious Roy, Sep 22, 2007.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Re: Gundy is not a happy camper

"If your child goes down the street, and somebody makes fun of him, cause he dropped a pass, in a pick-up game...calls him FAT..."

Fucking classic

I will say there are a number of awfully loose ends in the column, but Gundy couldn't seem to come up with a good defense of Reid in that tirade, as shown by his breakdown of Reid:
    - Goes to class
    - Respectful to media
    - Respectful to public
    - Does everything right (except, of course, beat Troy)

2. Cowboycane

Cowboycane Member

One of the finest televised meltdowns of all time. I've watched it about 10 times already.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It was probably the same asshats who applauded the asshole who shouted down the reporters when Steve Fisher got clipped at Michigan. That guy should have fucking beaten with a cane for that act.

I can tell you that it wasn't T. Boone Pickens. He has ($)100 million reasons not fully endorse Gundy.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I wonder Jenni is going to tell the kids in her bible study class tomorrow when they ask her about it?
    And I read the column in question. Laughing it up on the sidelines when you're getting hammered is pretty solid. Tie that in with other on the record comments and thread in some of the rumors you hear and that makes for a pretty good and solid read.

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Gundy is an A-1 slime ball. He was talking to a recruit's mom after the recruit backed out on an oral commitment. The mom is divorced. Gundy tried to convince her that what her son had done backing off the verbal was similar to what her ex had done to her. She told him to never, ever call her again and that her son would never play at Okie State.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

And Gundy's team had just won a pretty significant B12 South game and he wants to spend his entire post-game comments ranting about a column. What a fuck tard.

7. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Wow. What an incredibly unprofessional outburst by Gundy. If he has a problem with something a reporter has written, he should take it up with them personally, not lecture them in front of the rest of the media.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In some ways, this reminds me of a Kinison rant from Back to School.

"I was up to my knees in rice paddies, with guns that didn't work! Going in there, looking for Charlie, slugging it out with him, while pussies like you were back here partying, putting headbands on, doing drugs, and listening to the goddamn Beatle albums!

"Oh! Oh! Oh!"

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

News flash, Coach Psycho: He's not a child, he's not a kid. He's a fucking adult. Treat him like one. And this player going home crying to his mom about the story says more about the player than the reporter.

EDIT: And I agree, the applauding was ridiculous. Keep the fanboy loosers out of the media room.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The kid didn't. I love how coaches think we're supposed to fall for this crap over and over, the guilt trip. Sorry, buddy, unless it's something I blatantly messed up and you have a legit right to grill me over it, you aren't guilt-tripping me.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... the gist I got was that the player and/or parent of the player came whining to coach. Regardless, I stand by what I said. The player is an adult; not a kid, not a child.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Coach can claim all he wants, but there is no way a kid came up whining to his college coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted