1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma State beat writer -- Oklahoma City, OK

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ryan_Sharp, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Ryan_Sharp

Ryan_Sharp New Member

The Oklahoman is hiring a strong storyteller and passionate journalist to cover college athletics for our award-winning sports section and website, NewsOK.com. Our next Oklahoma State beat writer will engage readers across all platforms by:

* Breaking news on one of the nation’s premier athletic departments and a football program that wins and contends for Big 12 titles;

* Writing memorable features, enterprise, project and game stories;

* Making our blogs must-reads throughout the day;

* Building deep relationships with sources and readers using social media and old-fashioned tools like conversation;

* Contributing to and collaborating with a team of journalists to serve a readership captivated by sports and how we cover it.

The writer’s primary responsibility will be in covering the Oklahoma State men’s basketball team with secondary responsibilities including OSU football, wrestling and baseball.

If you’re committed to all this and helping us get better, please send a cover letter, writing samples and examples of your best digital work to:

Ryan Sharp

Sports Editor

The Oklahoman/NewsOK

100 W. Main, Suite 100

Oklahoma City, OK 73102

rsharp@oklahoman.com

2. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

I just saw the same job posting on Journalism Jobs and there was a web site application they asked for. Do I have to fill out the online application in addition to the materials I sent you?

3. Ryan_Sharp

Ryan_Sharp New Member

If you emailed it to me we’re good.

alex.riley21 and valpo87 like this.
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

This would be a fun gig. Would love to cover Gundy on a regular basis. Have covered him a few times here and there, and he's good company to keep.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

One thing left out of the job description is you're required to grow a mullet.

Draft saved Draft deleted