1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma restaurant refuses to serve gays, welfare recipients and the disabled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1) The joint looks like a fuckin' shit pit from the outside anyway. You couldn't pay me to go in there.

2) I wonder what happens the first time a disabled veteran shows up.

3) The guy actually looks a little bit like John Wooden.

4) From all appearances this dude needs every dime any f####t, n####r, c###k, liberal, hippie, feminist, democrat, etc etc etc etc etc, might ever want to spend in there. If he thinks he's rollin' in enough dough he can turn people away, fine, let people vote with their feet -- right square in his stupid bigot ass.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I understand your reasoning, but your weighting is off. Personal freedom in this instance takes a back seat.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's certainly not a hill I'm going to die on. I *completely* understand the counterargument.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, isn't that the charm of allowing something like this to exist?

It allows us as a community to reject it. Open racism can be called out for what it is and opposed.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can't figure out c###k. Canuk?

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

### = hin ... I presume.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's in Oklahoma, so Creek is possible too. I'd love to see that d-bag's reaction if a busload of Natives pulled up one day.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I have to agree with Mark on this one. I find myself doing this at times. I might love a restaurant's particular food, but if the crowd at that moment is not what I am looking for, I will go somewhere else. For example, my mother absolutely loves the food at Buffalo Wild Wings. But there are times when a particular sporting event that is being showcased causes us to choose a different restaurant.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't like sitting around sloppy drunks.
    Only rule I got for any bar.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Just to clarify: If you were, say, a U.S. Senator, would you advocate a repeal of legislation mandating open access to restaurants, hotels, etc., on the basis of race? What do you think the law of the land should be?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From the Google Maps images of the joint, it doesn't look like a 4 a.m. gasoline-fireboming of the joint should be that un-doable.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

BTW, this is a totally unveiled instance of something that is thinly veiled at "old men's" social clubs all over the country.

If you think you'll see anything other than WASPS in those ...

Draft saved Draft deleted