1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma prep player makes game-winning shot ... on wrong basket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 8, 2013.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Oh, I wouldn't say nobody. :D

2. Come back to us when you can legally work.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I never would have pegged you for someone like that.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sounds like the ultimate brain fart to me. Just hold the darn ball and let the clock run out. Hell, even I can figure that one out.

I really am glad I don't write about stuff like that anymore. What the heck are you going to say in a game story? That it was an "unfortuante mistake"? We treat these kids like heroes when they make the winning shot. Well, gotta man up and deal with it when you make the mistake, too. Life's hard sometime. The younger these kids learn that, the better off they will be.

For the record, yes, I would classify about 60-70 percent of teenagers today as dumb asses, sports or not.

Off to read my growing pile of hate mail.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Well, I wouldn't be able to tell you who my "mortal" enemies were. I just never like to assume. :)

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I got away with a similar line in a similar situation once. The program was so fucked that no one cared. And not caring was the reason the team was 0-22. But, with a policy of "cover every team at least once" what can you do?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Hell. Yes.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Season before last, had a team in its first varsity season that had the opposing team (which was way out of its league) hit an own goal. All I could think of to do was compliment the visitors' generosity.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

maybe you'll get a voters pamphlet!

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Guys, guys, guys. Stop talking about scoring the winning basket for the other team. Alex Len has suffered enough.

11. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Somebody told me that ex Mav Derek Harper, who dribbled out the clock trailing against the Lakers in a game, called the kid over the weekend.

If you check out the scores of that 3A bracket, Millwood, the team that got the win against Hugo, earned quite well their other two wins - in double overtime and triple overtime.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Jeez, in triple overtime they might have broken 45.

Draft saved Draft deleted