1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma prep player makes game-winning shot ... on wrong basket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 8, 2013.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How is it not dumb? You catch the ball game is over, you let it drop game continues. Instictive is a copout for stupid, before every pitch you should know the situation.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Last guy who touched the ball? That's how it gets credited in hockey.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here's the first video I found of it.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/Hugo-Millwood-basketball-video-shows-player-score-winning-basket-for-the-wrong-team

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Damn, Hondo. You must have been the left fielder. Your post was as dumb as that play.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How are saying this wasn't dumb? Did I miss something? Guy takes an inbounds pass, dribbles around and shoots the ball in his own basket to lose the game??

If I were a teammate, that guy would have had it coming. If I were the guy, I'd never set foot in that school again.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Whether it was dumb has nothing to do with the quite commonly held desire that you go away and never come back.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This sounds kinda dumb. ::)

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Different sport, but, here you go:

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/02/13/13/Prep-goalie-scores-against-flips-off-own/msn_landing.html?blockID=863509

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Watch the video shithead.

He didn't "dribble around," he got the inbounds pass in stride, took one dribble and went up for the shot.

Just a brain fart. Stupid, yeah, but people do stupid things.

I'd go back and assign about 20% of the blame to the coach for even calling a play which involved the ball going anywhere near the opposing basket.

With 3-some seconds to play and a 1-point lead, you want to get the ball inbounds, get the clock running, and keep the ball 80 feet from the opposing basket if possible.

The defense is gonna be in overplay denial, fronting everybody; just toss it over their heads into YOUR frontcourt, touch the ball in bounds, let the clock run out.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Maybe your reading comprehension is low, Mark, but you didn't call it a dumb play, a view others have dealt with before. You called the kid a "dumb ass." An adult calling a teenager that they don't know who made a mistake in a high-pressure situation a dumb ass pretty much tells me all I need to know about that adult. You're a loser. And to try to make it sound like you said something different than what you said means not only are you a loser, but you're not even man enough to deal with your own actions.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ditto. Deal with it.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Nobody wants deskslave to run away and never come back.

Draft saved Draft deleted