1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma family massacre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Stop running their mug shots.
    Some of these killers want lasting "fame."

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think the oldest kids got word the young ones wanted to unionize. And probably high on pot too.

Riptide likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This has to be some kind of weird fundamentalist religious thing, right? Protecting everyone from some coming end times or something like that?

4. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

All these kids had to do was use the family guns and the media would have given Donald Trump a break for a while.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That mugshot screams meth-head to me.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They didn't try too hard to protect his anonymity. They give his last name, his age, the names of his parents and those of all of his siblings.

Viola, the 16-year-old (Michael Bever):

[​IMG]

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Well, now that the 16-year-old has been charged as an adult, the juvie protections no longer apply.

8. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Wealthy Oklahoma neighborhood, yeah everyone there is probably part of some cult.
    Mental illness, I do think, is applicable in Charleston, Broken Arrow, Lafayette, La.; Aurora, Colo., Tucson, Ariz., Newtown, Conn., and Isla Vista, Calif. I think I see a pattern here.

9. Dick Whitman

Like WriteThinking noted, it's not like it didn't get any attention. I read about it in the A section of the Wall Street Journal.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Busy day. Had to be repetitive.

Ace likes this.
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This might be the funniest "Look at me, I read the Wall Street Journal" navel-gazer plug ever. :p

JackReacher likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Is it really considered impressive on a board of journalists to read the largest circulation newspaper in America?

Draft saved Draft deleted