1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma Congresswoman: Gays more dangerous than terrorists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And, as usual, the "it was taken out of context" defense is used ...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080310_1__OKLAH74853

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"Gays don't have a right to force it down our throats?"

Well, yeah, but there are laws on the books against that, I believe.

3. Oh sure, but if she was a Democrat, CNN would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Oh wait, never mind.

Hondo, help me out here.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sorry, Ace, I forgot that the link didn't mention her party affiliation (it was hard to find a good link with the story and the speech). I refrained from mentioning it myself, because I hope everyone can agree on the ugliness of her words, regardless of party affiliation.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm, couldn't she have made a better choice of words there?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

She might have a point -- One could argue that Aids has killed more people than terrorists......

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Which devious homosexual was it who invented the aids virus? I forget.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Hell, Vioxx has killed more Americans than terrorists. Gun violence in any given year dwarfs 9/11. Terrorism isn't actually that much of a threat when viewed in the context of the real world instead of colored terrorist alert levels.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The one who figured out how to transmit it through heterosexual sex. But in all fairness, he was very against discrimination based on sexual preference.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I agree and I have often wondered -- if some terrorist strapped to the nines and carrying a backpack full of dynamite wants to get into an arena or a stadium -- what exactly is the fat, unarmed, $5.15 per hour, wannabe rent-a-cop security guard wearing a yellow jacket going to do to stop him?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

She's entitled to her opinion.

Her constituency entitled to not vote for her in the next election.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I, for one, don't want to live in an America where you can't scapegoat gays for all of societies ills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.