1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OKC media vs. OKC Thunder

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Mar 20, 2015.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Westbrook can decide whether or not to ask a question. But he doesn't get to make that call for teammates.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He just did. So yes, he can decide.

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's reliable when it comes to strong answers.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It probably all has to do with the OKC media's INSISTENCE on calling the Thunder "it" instead of "them."

Dumbasses.

#threadjackThingsthatirkyou

5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I thought the man asking the questions was quite professional and reasonable. I think he obviously should get a raise. Does anybody know much about the OKC reporter who asked the questions? It's impressive in this era to not back down. He was quite professional IMO yet forceful as well. Much admiration from here to the reporter.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I want to call Westbrook a thug. But I will be crucified as a racist. So I won't.

7. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Him being an asshole to a reporter makes you want to call him a thug?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And as stupid.

10. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Could you imagine how Westbrook would have reacted if he asked the question starting with "Talk about..."?

SFIND and Doc Holliday like this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

For the record, Doc, I didn't say you were racist on the Cousins thread. I said you were misusing a term that has taken on racial connotation and it wasn't a good look to insist on using it.

12. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Thug is a weird word for a pro like you to choose. Why would you think 'thug' depicted the particulars of this incident? Nowhere in the video did Westbrook appear thuggish. He, in fact, said 'please' a few times. He was clueless but not thuggish. This post of yours is not in the usual Doc tone. Don't understand how you thought he exhibited thuglike behavior. He was clueless like a lot of athletes but not intimidating or thuggish.

Draft saved Draft deleted