1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, what's up with this Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I might be the only person who actually liked the first Hulk movie. I thought it was vastly underrated. It was beautifully shot.
    And I look forward to the Hulk reboot.
    Here's my question. Is the Hulk dumb in this version, or is he brainy?

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My choice for Cap:

[​IMG]

Brad Beyer from Jericho

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's a Captain America cameo in the Hulk movie that was cut, but will be on the DVD.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Confirmed-Captain-America-Cut-Out-Of-Hulk-To-Protect-Your-Kids-9131.html

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

My buddy, a movie elitist who has great taste, has seen the movie and thoroughly loved it.

I expect greatness like Iron Man. I love Norton...on the other hand, I hate Liv Tyler.

6. JayFarrar

If you follow that link and watch the director interview, it says that the Captain America shield makes an appearance in Iron Man.
    Did anyone see that? I didn't.
    The interview also says the DVD will be more than three hours, since the director says more than 70 minutes was taken out.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't notice it when I saw the movie, but I've seen a still photo. Here is the link. Look under Stark's right arm.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/05/13/six-degrees-of-steve-rogers/

8. JayFarrar

thank you my friend.
    That post also says that the super soldier serum also shows up in the Hulk.
    Rumor is that the Captain America movie will be set in World War II.
    And Kokane's suggestion for Cap is a fine one.
    I just wonder what kind of role Iron Man will play in the Hulk?
    I'm such a nerd, I'm tempted to go see the midnight showing tomorrow night.

9. outofplace

Any time. I wasn't going to see this until it made it to HBO, but I'm slowly starting to change my mind.

They way Marvel is tying current and future movies together really is working. Too bad DC can't get its act together to do the same thing. I have zero interest in a follow-up to Superman Returns. But make a World's Finest movie? I'm there.

10. JayFarrar

I think Marvel owning all the rights, has made a huge difference.
    Make Samuel Jackson Nick Fury was a huge shoutout to the fans and all the little things they are throwing in, it is clearly leading to something.
    Plus, the people they are casting, they are known names. Downey. Norton. Jackson. Pitt (if the Thor rumor is true). Pretty interesting stuff.
    And, I think, that they are trying to create a universe very quickly. My one worry is that by moving so quickly, they'll make a misstep.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've been checking www.joblo.com daily for close to eight years now and it has never steered me wrong.

The review for this new Hulk movie came up and gave it a 9/10. Best line of the review said something similar to "Makes up for the first shitty film". I may actually go see this now, but I'm not sure.

12. outofplace

Just saw a TV spot I hadn't seen before tonight -- with clips of Robert Downey, Jr. I know the cameo is far from a secret, but I'm not sure I like them putting it in the commercial before the movie even opens.

Draft saved Draft deleted