1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, what's up with this Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Smith Jerrod:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

IIRC, Time Warner owns DC but its licensing agreements are all over the place. It was one of the big reasons, a few years back, why there were a lot of Batman toys but not Superman toys or JLA toys. One company owned the Superman rights, another owned the Batman rights, etc. I think they've cleaned it up since then, but some of it may be lingering.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The man's only acting credit is a recurring role on Sex and the City and you want him to be Captain America?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. outofplace

Understood. I think I was just so happy to finally see some action in that movie that I didn't care.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A fair point. Shouldn't be a problem in this one. First off, it's not an origin story. He's already the Hulk, so we don't have to go through that whole rigamarole (other comic book movies really need to go back to doing this, i.e. 1989 Batman -- two minutes of origin, 118 of plot).

Also, I read that Norton, who we've already established likes to have a lot of creative input, lobbied hard to make it about 2:15, but the studio nixed that, chopped it to 2 hrs flat and made it faster paced. We'll have to wait for DVD to see who was right.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hellz ya!

[​IMG]

8. outofplace

Hopefully that will help, though sometimes the origin story can work if it is done well (Iron Man, Spider-Man and Batman Begins).

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It was one of the things that was true to the original comic book, however.

I'm waiting for the sequel titled Joe Fixit.

10. outofplace

Haven't the Hulk's power levels....fluctuated....in the comics over the years? That's not one I have read very often.

A Joe Fixit movie could be fun.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The 2003 Hulk was so bad that, as the credits rolled, I had to spray the room with air freshener.

I saw it while I was out of town at a conference. It was one of those sort of sleepless away-from-home, insomnia nights. I kept thinking, "This movie just has to get better." It didn't. I felt cheated.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So did I/nerd

Draft saved Draft deleted