1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, what's up with this Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Marvel is treating the movie business like a giant comic book, with crossovers and shit like that. D.C. doesn't have a clue.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have mournful piano playing in my head as I speak.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Which is ironic, given that Time Warner owns DC.

Iron Man shows up in the new Hulk movie. Has lines as well, I think.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

American History X comes to mind. He essentially got final cut over the director, Tony Kaye, who promptly went postal.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I knew about Iron Man showing up. I was trying to avoid the spoiler. But that part definitely sounds very cool.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Norton is an amazing talent as an actor, I bet he can pull this role off.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep. He thought Kaye was taking too long and didn't like the direction he was going. Did his own cut and the studio went with it.

That's actually one of the reasons I have hope for this flick. I have not seen Norton in a bad flick and for someone who wants as much influence on a film as he does, I'm trying to have faith that he picked a good script to enter the comic-bood genre with.

As for doing another Hulk so soon, Marvel needed to come out of the gates with a bang to make up for the millions it had to borrow to finance the creation its new production company. Hulk is the second-most popular comic in the history of Marvel (behind only Spider Man), so they decided they had to go with one of their best known commodities instead of a lesser-known character.

Besides, this one can't be any worse, right? [/hoping I don't see Hulk jump miles at a time]

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, Bill Bixby sniveled through the TV series, so why are you hatin?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of all the things wrong with that movie, the Hulk jumping too far is what bothered you?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It was one of the main things that bothered me.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This movie would be much cooler if The Hulk had a swastika on his chest and curb-stomped The Abomination.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

IMDB has a Captain America in the works for a possible 2011 release. Any ideas who should play him?

Draft saved Draft deleted