1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, what's up with this Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Liv Tyler is a truly beautiful woman.

Who happens to be dumb.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I got roped into seeing this.

What was the difference between this and Iron Man? It was essentially the same movie, right down to respected older actor slumming as Mr. Evil (Jeff Bridges, William Hurt).

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Hate to say it, but she looked a lot chunkier than she used to. Guess it's her baby-weight.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Iron Man was much more fun.

We'll see what happens if they ever put the Tony Stark Is An Alcoholic story on screen. That will make Iron Man as somber as this Hulk movie.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe he could be a loveable alcoholic in the 'Arthur'/Red Skelton mold.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Fixed.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Schiez is Osi Umenyiora

8. schiezainc

If I was, I'd be too busy banging my hot supermodel girlfriend to post here.

Oh, and of course, I would have also thrown the Super Bowl.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

Saw the movie last night. Loved it. I'm not a comic book nerd, nor did I see the Bana-version. But Ed Norton pretty much rules in everything he does. The rest of the case -- Liv included -- did a good job, too.

10. outofplace

I saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. I thought it was right up there with Iron Man.

Then again, I really love those little bits put in for the fans, and there were a ton of them in this movie.

11. schiezainc

You know, I still have yet to see this movie and am beginning to think that it's because I really, really hated Ang Lee's version. I hated it so much, in fact, that it has turned me off to Hulk.

But, maybe I'll pay to see something else (like Zohan) and sneak into this afterwards.

12. outofplace

This one is absolutely nothing like Ang Lee's version, and that is a very good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted