1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, so almost all of the bubble teams lost so.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Mar 14, 2008.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

...are we back where we started? I'm sure we touched on this on the college hoops thread but since Baylor, Florida, Arizona, Syracuse, Maryland, Ole Miss and whole bunch of other teams lost this week. What now?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Baylor is still on the bubble. They have a good RPI and SOS. What may kill them, though, is a poor February, and losing to stinkin' Colorado hurts a lot.

Gonzaga losing to San Diego eats up an at-large spot. I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there will be others.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Syracuse = no shot in hell.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Thanks for rubbing that in there, Cosmo. ::)

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No way for the Gators. Trailing 30-5 in your conference tourney opener should be immediate grounds for dismissal.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sorry, FJ. Agreed on Florida. Maryland = no fuckin' way. You can't shit the bed on the first day of the conference tourney if you're one of these bubble teams. If Maryland can't beat the 11th place team in the conference, it has no business being in.

The fact that Arizona is perceived as a lock puzzles me. 8-10 in conference, they got worked at home by a shitty Virginia team, very few quality wins. I hope people look further than the RPI when evaluating UA.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Florida had no shot, IMO, unless they made the conference finals. Depending on who they beat, I'm not even sure they should have been in unless they won the whole SEC tournament.

I'm sorry, but they had THREE stinkin' wins against teams in the top 100 of the RPI. 6 of their 8 SEC wins were against Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and South Carolina. They then proceeded to Alabama in the conference tournament. They deserve no consideration at all.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

In my opinion;

IN: Kentucky, Villanova, Baylor, UNLV

OUT: Florida (giggle), Maryland (chortle), Syracuse

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You'd like to think that. But every year, the selection committee comes away with a few surprises that fuck the mid-major...

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Villanova = NFW!

Kentucky went from the bubble to in by sitting around yesterday watching everybody else shit the bed.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Maybe Cuse can get in... They have one of the strongest schedules, plus they were .500 in the Big East.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Stop, please. The Big East began the week with 7 and nothing has changed. Cuse and Nova will be in the NIT.

Draft saved Draft deleted