1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, you're on a diet. WE GET IT. We don't need a calorie breakdown...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We complain here because it's an isolated and anonymous forum in which we can carp a little about the daily realities of the social media theater. Then we put on a smile and get back to being there for our friends, some of whom it is not convenient to unfollow because of the degree of friendship.

It ain't perfect. But that's life. ... And, by the way, you're complaining, too. :)

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm just cranky because I've been trying to eat better. I had a broccoli scramble (big pile of broccoli, one piece of bacon, one egg-white, half a sliced-up tomato) with water to drink for breakfast. Not sure how many calories.

3. Riptide

OMG!!! That's so yummy! POST A PIC!!!

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Triple the bacon, double the egg, add the yolks and cut half the broccoli, then post a pic.

5. Riptide

You're fine with a Diet Coke, too.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Coke Zero.

Diet Coke is for removing rust.

7. Riptide

Which brings me back to Diet Coke. What's the fascination? I switched for a few months about 20 years ago, but I had to give it up because Diet Coke just tasted like a bunch of chemicals to me.

Is Coke Zero any better? Nothing beats Coke Classic to me, but I'm down to one a day.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The only diet version of any soda that doesn't nauseate me is diet mountain dew, which is vaguely acceptable.

9. Riptide

Yeah, Diet Mountain Dew tastes just like the real thing to me. It's great.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's the problem.

11. Riptide

I really like water better now, and it feels better. And I'm a lifelong Coke addict.

You can guzzle 16 or 20 ounces whenever you like, and it doesn't crash your system.

Maybe I'll post a water blog on Facebook.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My lunch is now posted on Facebook. Enjoy. I did.

Draft saved Draft deleted