1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, you're on a diet. WE GET IT. We don't need a calorie breakdown...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Also, cat photos with baby-talk captions are the real crime.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Now that's what I'm talking about.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm having rancid, rotten, soggy, saggy, splitting, flaccid, flabby tubes of rotting animal flesh, languidly floating in a fetid bath of malodorous swill.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Bloodwurst stew?

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Fuck you guys. I lost 13 lbs the last three weeks because I was counting calories. It's fucking difficult. Telling people - whether they want to hear it or not - is helpful to some people. My wife was sick of hearing me break things down but she was supportive. I don't do it anymore because Im gaining confidence in what I'm doing.
    And hearing people whine about hearing people talk about it is just as bad. Get over yourself and be a decent human being.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Unsolicited comments at work? Fine. Those are annoying.

But you signed up for a social media site, the sole purpose of which is to allow people to share with you the inane details of their lives. You followed or friended or whatever them specifically so they could do so. Then you chose to not use the many different blocking or filtering systems in place to allow you to avoid comments you don't want to read. And now you're complaining about how inane the comments are?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This.

I've blocked at least 75% of my Facebook friends from my newsfeed.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sure.

But I'm still curious about WHY people post photos of their meals. From an anthropological standpoint, I'm curious.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Food looks good. And it's really easy to take photos now. I can flip through bacon-related photos for at least an hour.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That, and the picture of the 20 tubes of vagicil they got because they had a coupon.

12. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

You really can never have enough tubes of vagisil

Draft saved Draft deleted