1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, you're on a diet. WE GET IT. We don't need a calorie breakdown...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Mar 15, 2013.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but we all know it could be worse ... they could be on Atkins!

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Just choose to hide her posts, it's what I do with my sister-in-law so I don't have to listen to her crap anymore and she won't be offended.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have a friend who posts just about every workout and plenty on the food side too. But most of them come with pics of bike shorts/sports bra combo or, when she's traveling, very cleavage-heavy photos in what appear to be very cold climates.

So it's not all bad.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

My sister-in-law is a fat bitch, so I don't get that side bonus.
    Enjoy the spoils of war

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

So your sister-in-law is Kate Upton?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I fucking love the Diet Coke rationale.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, I don't give a shit unless she broadcasts to the whole world about how she's cutting calories with the diet pop.

Constantly foghorning to the whole world about your diet (or a gazillion times worse, commenting upon others') is mainly just a piece of performance art pageantry designed to broadcast your own imagined nutritional superiority.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Riptide and I are finally in agreement. It was bound to happen.

It drives me absolutely bonkers when people post photos of their meals on Facebook. Why? Why???

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So basically this thread is performance art pageantry on your part?

You did the thing you said is a gazillion times worse. ... just sayin.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hate the Diet Coke example. Some people like Diet Coke more than they like Coke. If I get Sprite instead of Pepsi with my deep-fried lunch, does it make me a hypocrite?

It's ridiculous. No one gets a 6,000-calorie meal and then gets the Diet Coke to save calories. Stop being a fucking asshole.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

^

I prefer diet sodas, even though by looking at me you can clearly tell I'm not on a diet.

About to go pour a bowl of cereal. Check FB in two minutes.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

With Moddy and IJAG here. I don't know why Diet Coke pushes people's buttons. I prefer it. It's habit. I occasionally indulge in a hearty meal. With a Diet Coke. Because that's what I drink.

Also worth noting: Diabetes is more related to sugar intake than obesity. So there's that.

Draft saved Draft deleted