1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok, who have you been Right about, contrary to popular opinion?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 11, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but no fools on SJ were calling Vick the biggest draft bust in 25 years in 2002.

Young has the intangibles Mexico lacks. He'll be pretty goddamn good for a long time, no matter what fools like Hondo think.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Vick didn't play as a rookie, IIRC. He was behind Chris Chandler.

4. The day Aaron Boone went down with a knee injury - I said that it would lead to the Yankees trading for Alex Rodriguez. People on the baseball thread made fun of me

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is true.

But we always make fun of Chris, because he's a loser who bangs sheep as his wife sleeps.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He's got "it". He's comes through when you need him. I don't remember the stat, but he's converted MANY 3rd downs with his feet.
    If it's the 4th quarter and you're team is down , VY will win you the game. The Titans were down in all 3 of those games.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I was right about BYH .. he is a dickhead ;D

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Mark Price, but to be fair, I was also crushed when the Knicks took Quinnet over Corchiani.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I knew Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin were going to be studs. So did the rest of the hockey-loving world. Take that for what it's worth.

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I said Crosby would be there before he played a game of junior -- but 99 beat me to it.

I won a dinner from a scout when Brendan Bell played a game in the NHL. Not that he'll be a big time player, but he'll get work.

Brian Campbell was so far under the radar (mid-rounder of Buffalo, a runty defenceman) but the first time I saw him in, oh, Oct 98, I knew he'd find a way into the game. (That he was CHL player of the year a few months later was a kickoff-team-to-All-Pro transformation.)

YHS, etc

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

*jots this down in his notebook* Got it! :)

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Blair Witch strikes again?

Draft saved Draft deleted