1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok, who have you been Right about, contrary to popular opinion?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 11, 2006.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

First, thanks to Colombo's and his thread or I wouldn't have started this thread. Thanks, Colombo, for the idea. :)

For me it's Vince Young. After all the "He's dumb (Wonderlick)," "He won't be able to run like that in the NFL," "His throwing motion won't work in the NFL," etc. conventional wisdom, it was great to see him take his record as a starting QB to 6-4 this past weekend with that thrilling OT TD run. He really came into his own, in my mind, when he led the Titans back to beat the Giants 2 weeks ago. Everybody focused on the Giants' collapse, understandably, but that's where the Vince Young NFL legend begins. He willed that team to a victory in that game.

Yes, he's still young. And he could get a career-ending injury in his next game, but this is the guy who immediately comes to mind for me.

Who knew after all the fuss about the Texans passing on Bush that the guy they really should have picked was the hometown boy? The Texans fans are going to be going crazy after seeing Vince do his thing in their stadium this past weekend.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I was right about Tom Brady.

P.S. I'm also a Michigan fanboy *runs away*

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha. That certainly put you in the minority when he took over for Bledsoe, CT. : )

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm the MOM, so I'm always right! No discussion allowed! ;) ;D

5. Chuck~Taylor

I was right about Nate Poole ;D

[​IMG]

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Uh-oh! Chuck gonna get grounded!

7. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i was right about dajuan wagner being a bust, about andrew bogut being nothing special, and about tj ford having little impact in the association.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Little Chucky Boy, you are GROUNDED!

Not for posting the picture, but for living in the distant past.

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

9. Chuck~Taylor

[​IMG]

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Um, Vince Young has 11 interceptions. And 10 touchdowns. That's not good. He also has a 65.7 rating, 15th in the AFC (only Andrew Walter is worst).

Step away from the ESPN. Vince Young is Michael Vick, circa-2002. And Vick had better stats then.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Tony Womack

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He's also single-handedly won three consecutive games. He's also a rookie who's only going to get better.

Draft saved Draft deleted