1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, which SJ member was this?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Big Circus, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

We've got plenty of folks in Wisconsin.

http://deadspin.com/5369428/the-legend-of-the-vest

2. My bet is the (vested) Beer Baron.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Unrelated, but while in Madison this weekend I videotaped a drunk fan rolling around on the sidewalk and then being arrested. There is a small gap between the videos because the tricks I had met at the bar said I was being rude to film them.

Anyway, I will try to post the tailgate fail videos later tonight.

4. spud

spud Member

Those failgate stories are the best thing deadspin has going for it right now. Brilliance.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The one last week with the drunken Yale guy was amazing. Note the position of his legs in the first picture...

http://deadspin.com/5364203/and-down-goes-a-yalie

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just to debunk this: "The Vest" was not the Badger writer mentioned below.

"Roughly a year later, we heard a story about a writer for a Badger sports website who showed up at a Badger road football game to cover the game and ended up getting kicked out of the press box because he was wasted, argumentative with other reporters, and passed out during the 2nd quarter. Could this have been Vest?"

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

As an aside to my Wisconsin brothers, which is somewhat off-topic but probably fits here as well as anything: I'll be in Madison on Oct. 15-19, playing in the Homecoming golf tournament on the 16th. I'll be spending a lot of time with Mom, but am going to get out at least one night (and/or late)...

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I laughed my ass off at this pic and the accompanying story.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Go to the Essen Haus and State Street, dance some polka and crash a party.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Essen Haus has Das Boot.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Alright, here is the video as well as the story I sent to deadspin.

(I am not the one yelling "Kodak moment" in the background.)

At approximately 3 a.m. Sunday Sept. 27, my friends and I witnessed a true shit show as we were exiting Brothers Bar in Madison, Wisconsin. As we flagged down passing-by taxi's we felt and heard a loud thud. When we turned around there was a Wisconsin fan, dressed in a Ron Dayne Steve and Barry's jersey sprawled on the sidewalk. Of course, I immediately grabbed my digital camera and started recording. The drunk, smelly, derelict was face up, moaning and rolling around on the pavement. He looked like death and the girls we were with thought he was seriously hurt, homeless, or maybe mildly retarded. Feeling like a jerk, I turned off the video camera. Meanwhile, a group of nearby partiers attempted to get the man off the ground. It took six able-bodied college-aged men to lift the sweaty behemoth off the sidewalk and lean him against the wall. He was yelling incoherent sentences and looked like he had just had just incurred a closed head injury.

When the man finally got his feet under him, he stumbled right into oncoming traffic and nearly got hit by a shuttle bus. When the college students retrieved him from the street, the fan promptly tripped and fell into a tree and landed butt first on the sidewalk. Moments later, the police arrived and tried to find out how a man the size of Chris Farley could get THAT drunk. My friends and I suppose he may have taken Ruffalin (floories) or been shot with a horse tranquilizer. The drunk man however, did not appear to be the type that a woman would want to look at, let alone drug. But we are fairly certain he has (or had) a wife, because he was telling the cops to call her so he could get a ride home. His inability to recite her number correctly prevented his wife from picking up his drunk ass. The man babbled out a number that had 12 or 13 digits and I think one of them was a pound sign. I feel that will go down as one of the real tragedies of my life. I would have paid at least $50 to see his wife's reaction and to also see what she looked like. I assume her appearance is similar to that of Rosseanne Barr.

After giving up on finding the wife, the police got Sloppy McSlopperson back on his feet, but they needed help from another civilian to get him in the cop car. This was hilarious in itself because originally, the cops made everyone leave the area, insisting they had everything under control. They severely underestimated drunky's girth. I decided to resume video taping when the drunk man could not function well enough to turn his body sideways and enter the cop car. (The video is bad so I'm not going to post it.)

This incident was clearly the biggest tailgate fail of 2009. I'm glad we were there to witness it, but I regret not filming the entire ordeal.

It remains unclear who the guy was since he was alone and nobody had seen him prior to hearing his body slap the sidewalk.

The real mystery though, is how a man whose frame suggests he ate Brett Bielema can get so drunk. The man must have been drinking gasoline.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I try not to get drunk in public, but all bets will be off at Talladega. It will be a whole weekend of freezing cold camping. No pictures will be posted. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted