1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK which one of you *** tried killing me tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 7, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

So I'm driving over to our landlord's to pay the rent around 8:30 when my wife calls. "Get home right now, a wire fell in the front yard, it's sparking like crazy and we don't have power," she says.

I tell her I'll be home as soon as I can. Five minutes later, she calls again.

"Get the FUCK home RIGHT NOW, the fire department is here and I'm really worried," she says.

I said something about mother of fuck I can only drive so quickly and stepped on it. Then I got home and realized why she was so freaked out. There were six fire trucks lined up around our block, sirens flashing. The wire was on the front yard, sparking like crazy. Then six firemen walk briskly past us and into the house. Someone with the company tells us to move back to beyond the cul de sac...and as soon as we're out, he puts up the yellow FIRE DEPARTMENT DO NOT CROSS tape.

The wire keeps sparking, sending flames high into the air. My wife tells me that the wire actually fell on the side of the house and started a fire that our downstairs neighbor extinguished with the hose. Had we not been home, the whole damn thing likely would have gone up.

It's not a good feeling, at all, to see your street looking like something you see on TV and to begin envisioning what could have been. And I got to thinking about the randomness of it all...I walk on the side of the house all the time to go to the laundry room. And you always hear about poor dopes who walk on to a live wire and meet their maker.

Quite a sobering experience...yet in the end, God bless modern technology, caues I'm typing this less than three hours after I was standing outside wondering when we'd get power back. So I was feeling pretty good...

...until, on my way back into the house, I saw the can of Fresca. Arnold, Mikey and Perennially, I'm on to you.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it was me. Get your picks in on time, or else.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I didn't mean to scare your wife. I'm sorry.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I was at home watching the Bears and driving my neighbors crazy.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Definitely wasn't me. Fresca contains aspartame. I don't touch the stuff.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

BYH, I think you've got a few months left, so you should've known you'd be ok tonight.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm still wrestling with my stupid PDA.

You can rule me out.

Seriously, glad you and your family are ok. What a scare.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anyone have a bead on where Emily Valentine was?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What curse word is only three letters long?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

Hey, my Tim Laudner jersey is missing. Hmmm.

11. The Granny

The Granny Guest

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

BYH

Draft saved Draft deleted