1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ok, this man wins the most talented (and demented?) fan award...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Oct 21, 2012.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

the columnist is steve politi. among his MANY strengths is bringing enthusiasm to every project he takes on. and this kind of piece is rarely done by columnists at a major metro.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How did you post something from the Junior Seau thread on here?

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

A friend of mine's husband is obsessed with trains. They are both retired, and their retirement home features a pole barn with what is essentially a historical train museum, of course including a HUGE model railroad.

That's the sole contents of the pole barn. Should they ever sell the property, they recognize the buyer would have to want the barn, too, because it's not going anywhere.

Given that or Giants stadium, I might opt for the stadium.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bless his heart -- that's what my dad did, too...mowed his own lawn twice a week 10 months a year. He was so bored being retired, he went to work as a clerk at Dillard's just to kill time.

Men of a certain age only know how to work.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like the original, that Giants Stadium can be torn down.
    Try getting rid of this bit of fandom...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

If it is the article I remember, it was The Forum. I also remember the guy had never been to the building, but built near perfect from photos and television. Had Dryden in his famous pensive pose in goal. However, if I remember he had a screw up at center ice...logos were wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted