1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, THIS Is Scary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 31, 2007.

1. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-geyer_31edi.ART.State.Edition1.4370227.html

Scroll down.
    "Thumping his chest."?
    Geyer's an oldline national security conservative.
    The president, it appears, is off his trolley.

2. IU90

IU90 Member

But Bush's Iraq war has made the world safer, remember?

I thought this paragraph nicely summarized an idiocy of neoconservative thought:

"The White House sees terrorists as born, not created by history, bearing the mark of Cain, not the mark of circumstance. There is a scarlet "T" written on their foreheads at birth and the only answer is to destroy them. This kind of thinking, of course, relieves the thinker of any responsibility for the presence of the insurgent-terrorist-whatever in our innocent midst."

Indeed, the White House's whole "War on Terror" philosophy seems to presume that there are a finite number of inherently-evil terrorists out there, and we can win the war simply by crushing or killing them so they won't be there any more. They've never acknowledged that their policies create countless new terrorists by the day. Best illustration, Iraq in 02: virtually NO Al Qaeda or Islamo-fascist presence. Iraq in 07: the world's new primary breeding ground for Islamofascism and Al Qaeda recruiting. Thanks George.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If Bush is doing that, it's time to remove him. And it's time for chicken-shit Democrats to start doing what they were elected for and limit this war as much as humanly possible.

Oh wait. They let that bird fly.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

GWB's obviously been watching too much NBA.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think once they adjust his meds, he'll be back to normal.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I am the Decider!!

Jesus, can't Barbara slap him around the ears and stick him in his bedroom?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

With his stance on immigration, he's even managing to, uh, alienate what base he's got left. His ratings will be in the teens before it's over.

9. IU90

IU90 Member

Almost like he starts his day by asking: 1) who still supports me?; 2) How can I piss them off too?

I'd love to know where the 29% that supposedly still approve are, because from what I've seen, even the Jesus freaks have grown disgusted. The only true "base" left are business execs who benefit from cheap labor and free trade exploitation, and those (like Haliburton) getting obscenely rich off his war.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, your Superman-like image posting skills have just let you down.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Read that Bush still expects the US to have bases in Iraq long after the war, just like in South Korea.

Great. We're still there in 2061, 54 years from now, like in South Korea?

At least the South Koreans tolerate our troops. No natives want us in Iraq.

Draft saved Draft deleted