1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, this is getting pathetic

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by deskslave, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Stan says he's cuter than all those cats combined.

Guess AJC.com is appealing to the crazy cat lady demographic.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And if I'm an advertiser, I'm falling for this why exactly? And low news value? No, this does not have low news value.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

Maybe they can feature these fellas on the sports page ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. 1. It's part of their pets channel. Clicking around the pages, I don't see any house ads. It's getting sold, somehow.

2. I was speaking of reader photos as a whole as "low-to-zero." This would be zero, but in other occasions (like a great HS sports shot of a game the paper couldn't cover, or a 3 a.m. fire), they are sometimes of great use.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ceiling cat would approve.

6. hankschu

hankschu Member

If you have to put pussies on your homepage to get clicks, your business is in trouble.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Iz on ur homepaige, jenarating clicks and revanew.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The front right now is reader submitted photos of vacations. Your Weekend Away. Wonder if I should send some pix of The Queen in NYC?

9. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

Reader-Generated Content! Who needs reporters and all those boring stories as long as we have pictures of Fluffy.

(Next up: Johnny's 12-under baseball team wins a big game. Story and photos by Johnny's mom)

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Nice! Somewhere Sam Zell just creamed himself.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Indy Star (and some other Gannett papers, I imagine) has an offshoot website called Indypaws.com. Lots of pet-related ads and reader-posted pictures, but also message boards where posters assume their animals' identities and post as if the dog was talking. It's creepy.

12. Shit, the NYT did a whole story a few weeks ago in A section where they "talked" to dogs, with owners "translating" (it was after the hotel lady gave all that money to dogs).

Draft saved Draft deleted