1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, the leaders haven't done it so I will, NFL playoff prediction board

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jan 3, 2011.

?

Pick the team doing the celebrating in Jerry's Yard....

1. New England

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Pittsburgh

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Baltimore

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Indianapolis

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Kansas City

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Jets

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Atlanta

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. Chicago

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. New Orleans

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  10. Green Bay

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  11. Seattle

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  12. Philadelphia

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Only Pittsburgh gave up fewer points this year than GB. That defense and some good performances from Rodgers could definitely put them in Dallas.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wildcard
    Indy over Jets
    Ravens over Chiefs

Packers over Eagles
    Saints over Seahawks

Divisional
    Pats over Ravens
    Steelers over Indy

Packers over Falcons
    Saints over Bears

Conference

Saints over Packers
    Steelers over Pats

SB XLV or JerryBowl I

Steelers over Saints

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This is what is SO damn maddening about the 2010 Packers.

They are 10-6. ALL six of their losses are by 4 points or less. Also, in ALL six, the Packers were leading in the 4th quarter or had the ball in a tie game with the chance to win.

However, they only have two close wins wins year. BOTH of them (Detroit and Minnesota) were games where GB had a larger lead and nearly coughed it up both times.

As I've said all throughout the season, this shows me Green Bay has the talent. They won't get blown out.

But the most damning stat of McCarthy is that he's 5-17 in games that are decided by 4 or less (his 2 'wins' this year do count -- but they were both borderline Green Bay blowouts that became tight 'victories').

In a close game, I do not trust McCarthy.

HOWEVER, I think, if the Packers get past Philly, they can win in spite of him. Green Bay, oddly enough, is a "dome" team this year. I can see Dom Capers with an excellent defensive plan to neutralize a tired (injured?) Michael Vick. I can see them going to Atlanta and winning (they lost on a last-second FG a few weeks back there). Could even see them going to New Orleans (or...if the Bears beat the Saints - to Chicago) and winning THAT game.

Green Bay could easily win all three games by 7+ points.

But...

the "McCarthy Tight Game Factor" weighs in.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I could see the Packers winning in Philly, Atlanta and Chicago and go to the Super Bowl. I don't think any would be a stunning upset since they already won at Philly and lost by a FG at Atlanta and Chicago and arguably should have won both games.

Both the Packers and Jets are very dangerous No. 6 seeds.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't either.

I fully expect the Packers to lose in Wile E. Coyote fashion in the next three weeks. The NFL equivalent of having a safe dropped on your head.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but the Ravens are the much more dangerous wild card in the AFC. They should handle the Chiefs and they are the one team that has to feel good about its chances against either of the top seeds.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I like the Colts, Ravens, Saints and Eagles this weekend.

Then next weekend I like Pgh over Colts, Patriots over Ravens and Eagles over Bears and Saints over Falcons

The I like Patriots over Steelers and Eagles over Saints.

Patriots over Eagles

8. OldSadBastard

OldSadBastard Member

My preseason prediction of Baltimore over New Orleans is still in play, despite having picked Cincinnati, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Minnesota, and San Francisco to make the playoffs. (Savvy. Did anyone make GOOD preseason picks?)

With the way things have turned out? Hell, I dunno...how about Falcons over Steelers? Really, though, all that matters to me is that the Patriots and Steelers both lose at some point. Because we all win when they lose.

Draft saved Draft deleted