1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, so maybe it IS time for tort reform

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 21, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A class action suit over the 99 Cent Store "raising" its prices to 99.9 cents?

What a ridiculous waste of court time this will become. I bet the lawyers who will profit from this didn't even know there WAS a 99 Cent Store!

http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-fi-0722-99-cents-only-20100722/10

2. I'm all about standing up for things on principle, but you would have to buy 100 things there to even pay an extra dollar.

3. CR19

CR19 Member

Seriously, if you're complaining about prices at a dollar store, you need to visit a psychologist.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Tort reform, I'm all for it. But it will never happen. Too many Congressmen are owned by the lawyers.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You do realize that if you had tort reform this class action lawsuit would still proceed (because the claim is not a tort (injury to body/person) but a false advertising/fraud/misrepresentation claim)

6. The first item on the reform agenda is the revising of the definition of tort.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm ready for tortilla reform.

8. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Flour, yellow corn or blue corn?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I think it's time for education reform. Particularly in the area of civics.

Draft saved Draft deleted